Tuesday, February 5, 2019

FFXIV x D&D - Bard Archetype: College of Archery

This is part of a series of posts I'm making in prep for a FFXIV x D&D sourcebook I'm writing. Other related articles are:
Here's a copy of the unfinished product if you want to see it in a coherent form: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Hy7u0YWw4E


I know I said I was working on Warrior next, but when I was figuring out what a Barbarian subclass would look like, I realized that the Path of the Berserker fit the bill for what people look for a Warrior anyways. So here's Bard instead!

Bard


For Bard, I thought that Soren's take on it was on point. However, when one of my players asked whether this subclass was going to be on Bard or Ranger, I realized that the Archery style of it needs to be prominent, something that the Bard class doesn't have on it's own (And the Ranger doesn't really fill what the FFXIV Bard does anyways). So I checked the Bard's College of Swords, which turns Bards into competent enough melee fighters, and worked something around that.

The end result might be a little *too similar* to the College of Swords subclass, so I might come back to it and add a little more diversifying flare to it, but for the most part, I think it does the job right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Worldbuilding: Myths of Draconiquity, Part I - The Goblin King

  The Goblin King Myths of Draconiquity, Part I The origins of the archfey known as The Goblin King usually refer to his time as an old mage...